With the power to zap your meals to life in a matter of minutes, your Dacor microwave truly is one of the most convenient, time-saving appliances in your kitchen.
However, these handy appliances are prone to occasional problems, most often caused by simple, everyday wear and tear.
Below, we’ll explain 4 of the most common problems we see with Dacor microwaves.
WARNING: Unless you’re comfortable and know what you’re doing, you should never attempt to disassemble or repair any of your microwave’s internal components on your own. A microwave’s capacitor can store high voltage energy even when the appliance is powered down and unplugged.
Therefore, it’s often advised to leave your microwave repairs to a trained appliance expert who can get your appliance fixed safely.
When your microwave won’t turn on whatsoever, the first thing to check is that it is properly plugged in and that there is power to the outlet.
It’s not uncommon for a microwave to trip a home’s electrical breaker, so if the appliance is plugged in, but not working, make sure to also inspect your home’s electrical panel for any tripped breakers or blown fuses.
Additionally, microwaves have an extra fuse built into the appliance’s internal workings, known as a line fuse. When your microwave overheats or undergoes a power surge, it is quite possible for this fuse to burn out.
Unfortunately, diagnosing or replacing a burnt line fuse requires disassembling your appliance’s exterior casing, which you should never do unless you’re comfortable and know what you’re doing.
To locate your microwave’s line fuse, refer yourself to the appliance’s owners manual.
As the heart and soul of your microwave, the control board communicates with all of its internal components, including the touchpad buttons, door latch sensors, magnetron, lights, etc.
A faulty control board can cause any number of problems, including a microwave that simply won’t turn on.
Diagnosing, repairing, or replacing a control board, however, isn’t something that you should attempt on your own.
So if you suspect you’re dealing with a faulty control board, don’t hesitate to give Denver Appliance Repair a call today!
While many microwave problems can easily be fixed, these appliances store a large amount of electricity in their capacitors. Unless properly discharged, this component can actually store this energy even when the appliance is unplugged.
Therefore, it’s best to trust your Dacor microwave repairs to a trained appliance professional who can easily diagnose and repair your problems safely.
Sometimes, your microwave will have power, but it won’t produce any heat when you hit the start button. Most times, this is either caused by a faulty door switch, a faulty diode, or a faulty magnetron.
Because this appliance uses microwave energy to radiate heat into your food, it’s not safe to ever operate a microwave with the door open.
Therefore, if you’re dealing with a defective door switch, your microwave likely won’t produce any heat, and in most cases, it won’t function whatsoever.
You can try inspecting your door latch, switch, and button for any signs of damage.
If you find anything broken, the entire latch/switch will likely need to be replaced with a new one.
Essentially, your microwave’s diode converts your home’s AC electrical current into a DC current, which doubles the amount of voltage. In turn, this component provides the magnetron with the voltage it needs to efficiently heat your food or drinks.
When a diode goes bad, it’s most often accompanied by a power surge, which essentially fries the component. In this case, you’ll most likely be able to notice a strong burnt odor coming from the appliance.
Alternately, your microwave’s magnetron may also be at fault when the unit won’t produce any heat.
With that being said, both the diode and magnetron are two components which you should never attempt to dismantle, repair or replace on your own. If you suspect any issue with either of these parts, don’t hesitate to contact a professional appliance repair service for help.
Sometimes, your microwave will still work and produce heat, but you’ll have trouble setting the timer or getting it to start.
When this happens, it’s likely caused by a faulty touchpad or an issue with the control panel.
Each button on your microwave is basically a small electrical circuit that gets closed whenever you press it. When the small inside pieces of the buttons wear out, you’ll often have trouble getting the touchpad to respond properly.
At the same time, it’s not always the buttons themselves that cause this problem, but it may also be the main control board that’s causing the problem.
Either way, diagnosing, repairing or replacing either of these two components should only be done by a trained appliance repair technician.
Most times, when a light no longer works in your microwave, it’s simply due to a burnt lightbulb.
However, especially if you’re dealing with an older model, you might also have an issue with the socket itself or the unit’s internal wiring.
When a light no longer works, the first step is to try and replace it with a new bulb that you know for a fact is working.
If doing this doesn’t get the light to work, you’re likely dealing with a faulty socket.
Once again, you should never attempt to repair your microwave on your own.
So if you suspect an issue with your unit’s internal wiring, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
We specialize in
repairing and servicing
We specialize in